Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday, November 30

Hello, All!!!

Well, we made it to the weekend!  The students took the vocabulary quiz over atoms today.  Included in the quiz was an atom they had to label.  I put some extra credit at the end where they had to build an atom that was given to them from the periodic table.  Many students did very well with that.  I wanted to give you a heads up for next week.....

The kids are going to use their atom vocabulary terms to write a song on Monday.  Then, on Tuesday, they will be performing those songs.  My student teacher had let them hear the atom song that uses the Addams Family tune and the kids loved it!!!  I had let the kids hear a few other songs about atoms, too, using up-beat and peppy songs.  I thought the kids would get a kick out of doing that.

On Wednesday, they will reviewing for their test over atoms.  The test will be on Thursday and Friday.  The test is going to take two days because I am going to be using a different format than they are used to.  I was telling Mr. Lloyd about this computer tool I found that was so cool and so much fun to use!  I wanted to use it for a test, instead of typical paper and pencil test.  It is called glogster.  This is a program that lets students create posters.  My student teacher will have written up everything that she would have asked the students on a test and we will just have them put all that information into a poster.  The first day will be showing the kids how to use the program and getting started.  The second day will be more where the putting of the information will take place.  If we need to, I will let them use Monday to finish up.  Mr. Lloyd was very excited about it and wants to come up and take a look, when we get started with it next week.  I am very excited about it, too, and hope that the students enjoy taking a 'test' this way.

Have a super great weekend and I will talk to you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment