Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday, Oct. 21

Hello!

I am so sorry that I have not been on here sooner.  Time is just going by so quickly and we are so busy in class.  The kids are working very hard to learn the three types of rocks.  We are now working on metamorphic.  We had the test last week over sedimentary.  So far, grades are looking pretty good.  I will let them correct these, just like I did the igneous rocks test.  We are starting the project for metamorphic rocks today.  I hope 7th period will be able to, at least.  They are a little behind with all the other activities going on at school.  We have missed a couple of class periods and are just getting to view their voicethreads.  Oh, the voicethreads turned out really good!  I am so excited about them.  For the metamorphic project, we will be using the glogs again.  The project is a small one and the glog is very well suited for it.  I put the students into pairs and gave each pair a mineral that helps to create metamorphic rocks.  The pairs will find out how the mineral is formed, what we use the mineral for in our lives and get some pictures.  This just screams glog, since it is so much like a poster.  I am thinking that the test over metamorphic rocks will be on Friday.  The last part of rocks to cover is the rock cycle.  We need to see how these rocks are all connected.  Well, I guess that is all for right now.  Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment