Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday, November 4, 2011

Hello, to everyone!

I am so very sorry that I have not been on here in such a long time. I got sick the week after my last posting and missed a few days of school. I feel like I have been playing catch up ever since. We completed our cell models and I have to say that there were some very interesting models created! I really enjoy seeing what the students come up with. We are now working on the various body systems. I did my seating charts again, so the students are sitting with new people in here. Each group was given a body system to research and the directions for the project. Here is where the fun part starts! I introduced them to a new way of presenting their projects. It is a computer tool called a wiki. This is a place where they can put images and video clips on the page. It is a web address, so they can access it from home, when they are absent or want to work on it at home. Each class period has their own wiki. They are set up using the class period. For example, my first period class will use www.mmsfirstperiod.wikispaces.com/ as their wiki address. The other classes just change the number of the class period. My fourth period will put fourth where first is, fifth will put fifth where first period, sixth will put sixth where first is, and seventh will put seventh where first is. It would be so nice for you to ask your child about the wiki and have him/her to show it to you! What better way to learn more about something than to teach it to someone else. The directions for their project are on the wiki, too, so they will always be close by. I hope to finish the wiki by Tuesday of next week and do the presentations on Wednesday and Thursday. Do not forget that we do not have school next Friday because of veterans day. Well, I hope all of you have a great weekend and I will talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment