Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday, January 23

Hello to all!!

It has been several weeks, since I have been on here and what a wild several weeks it has been!!!! The students have been working on their photo story over the biome their group was assigned. It took some time to get the research completed and then more time to get their information recorded to the pictures they found. Some decided that they did not like the sound of their voices, and elected to be in front of the class to present orally. I gave them a checklist to make sure that they had ever part of the story in their's. There was one part about the biome that they were supposed to put first in the story and then the rest could go in whatever order they chose. Once the stories were completed, I put them on my flash drive and showed them to the class. I wanted the groups to email me their stories, but the program wouldn't let them. The computers were not set up for it. This worked out okay, though. Once we finish everything with these stories and this topic, we are going to review cells for a couple of days because their 2nd quarterly assessment did not turn out very well. After that, we are going to start on rocks and minerals. We have a wiki project set up for that. I am sorry that I have not been on here sooner, but it has been very hectic here and we have been busy learning a new program and learning about organisms. My goal is to be back on here once a week. So, I am going to be positive and optimistic and say I will talk to you next week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment