Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday, November 12, 2010

Hello, Everyone!! Today was a busy day. We had our Veteran's Day assembly, so I did not get to see 6th or 7th periods. The students worked on their big projects today. These are due on Novembe 30th. We will be having the oral presentations over the body systems projects starting on Monday. I am reallly looking forward to those. Also today, we went over how to do the bibliography for their reports. I put the information on the Smart board, but I wanted to put it on here, too, so that you would have it and the students would have it at home. I am going to get them copies of it next week. Here is what I wrote for them. Pretty much all of their research came from the internet, so I showed them the reference for an interent article. They need to have these parts:

1. Author's name
2. Date of publication
3. Title of article
4. Retrieved month, day, year
5. URL address

I then wrote down an example for them, so they could see what one looked like. The example I gave them was this one:

Dove, R. (1998). Lady freedom among us. Retrieved June 19, 1998 from
http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/.

I pointed out to them that they use the authors last name and first initial. The year of publication is put in parenthesis followed by a period. The letter of the first word in the title is the only one that is capitalized. The others are left in lower case. When they need to put the rest of the reference on a second or third line, then those lines are indented 5 spaces. I hope this helps you, if you decide to work on your bibliography this weekend. If you need anything else, please let me know. They will only have a few more days to work on their projects in school. They are allowed to bring backboards to school and work on them there, too. Oral presentations of these projects begin December 1. Have a great weekend, everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment