Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday, February, 10, 2011

Hello, Everyone!

Yesterday we started Earth and Space science. We took a few notes off the board, so I wanted to put them on here for you. The first thing we wrote down was that there are three types of rocks: sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic. Then, we wrote down that rocks are made of minerals. The last thing we wrote down was what we were going to be researching first for our rocks/minerals project. I started the project off with a story. The story was that I came into my room on a Monday morning to find all of my rock and mineral samples had been dumped out all over the floor. The problem was that none of the samples were labeled, so I had no way of knowing what samples were what. The students are going to help me identify them and put them back where they belong. With that in mind, we have three questions to answer here at the beginning. They are going to be put into new groups tomorrow (Friday). The three questions are:

1. What are minerals?
2. What are their characteristics?
3. What are sedimentary, igneous, and metamorhic rocks?

They have to comlete numbers 1 and 2 before they move on to number 3. Everything will be put onto their class wiki, so they can work on it from home. I hope they will show it to you. If you have any questions, please ask me. This is all I have for right now. I will let you know when we add something new. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment