Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday, March 14

Hello!

Here is an update on what is going on in our class. We are having a test Wednesday over physical and chemical changes. I put the review notes on the previous posting. Today, I gave the students the list of labs that they can turn in for extra credit. It is the same list we discussed and looked at on Friday. The labs are due on Wednesday. We started a new project today. I put the students into eight groups and gave each one a topic on energy. If you want to know your child's topic, just let me know and I can tell you. I will be showing them how to use the voice thread on Thursday. We saw a few examples today and discussed what a good one sounded and looked like and what a not so good one sounded and looked like. We talked about making sure that they keep things on their level and not try to say the big words that they can't pronounce and don't know what they mean. We, also, talked about not plagiarizing or copying things right from the computer or book. The students will be working at the site www.voicethread.com/. We are using my email address from school and the password falcon to get onto the site. I look forward to letting you know how things are going. Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment