Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday, March 7

Hello!

Today some of the classes had to finish the activities from last week where they got behind because of the testing during the morning. The other classes watched a couple of videos on matter. Tomorrow, we are going to get those classes all caught up, so we can all watch the physical/chemical changes demonstrations on Wednesday. The classes not getting caught up will be working on a couple of worksheets dealing with these changes and maybe even some matter and mass. I will be giving some notes for their test on Thursday, if things go like I hope. If we don't get to start them on Thursday, then it will be on Friday. I will put the notes we take on here, so that the students will have access to them, if they loose what they write down in class. The test will be one day next week. It depends on the day we take the notes. I don't like to give tests on Monday, so I know it won't be then. More than likely, it will be Tuesday or Wednesday. I will put on here as soon as the kids and I decide which day would be best. We will be ready to start our next topic from here. It is renewable and nonrenewable resources. I will probably have them do this as a group project. I have a new tool available for them, in addition to their wikis and power point. It is a voicethread. They will put in images and then record their voices with the information needed. Others can respond to their project with recordings of their own, therefore creating this voice thread. The students have never created one before, so I will have to teach them how. It will be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to it. Well, if you need anything, please let me know by emailing me or calling me here at school. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment