Tuesday, October 12, 2010

First posting to blog.

Hello, and welcome everyone! I am going to try out this blog and see if everyone likes using it. I am hoping it is a way for you keep up with what is going on in our classroom. I will not be using personal information about anyone at all, but just telling what we are doing. This is new to me, so bear with me. I am hoping to find a way to post notes that the students take in class on here, so that the parents have a copy of them, too.

What needs to be told first is about our nine weeks test. It will be on Thursday, October 21. The test will cover observation/inference, lab safety, the scientific method, and the five terms that have been given so far. I am going to see if I can attach those terms to this blog. If I can't, then I will simply type them in here.

The students are currently working on a project about plant and animal cells. They are researching the differences between the two and discovering the functions of the parts of the cells. They will be drawing pictures of the two cells, when their research is complete. They also have their big science projects that they are working on at home. I will be using one day a week to work on them here at school, but they should be working at home, too. They have chosen either the science fair experiment, a demonstration, or a report.

Please feel free to respond to this blog posting. I look forward to talking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment