Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Monday - October 25, 2010

Hello! It is the first day of the second nine weeks. Today we started looking at the next step in our study of life science. We looked last week at cells, so today we took a look at what it takes to make up a human body. The students took some notes from the Smart board that I want to put on here. If they loose their notes or was absent, they can come here and get them. I tried to copy the notes here, but they would not copy and paste, so I will just have to type them in. We started of by writing down the word cell, then we discussed how a group of cells that work together to do a certain job create tissue. We put an arrow pointing toward the word tissue. Next, we discussed how a group of tissues all working together to do a certain job create an organ. So, we put down an arrow facing the word organ. After that, we talked about how there are organs that work together to create an organ system. We put an arrow facing the words organ system. I hate that I can't demonstrate that to you here.

We, also, discussed two terms. They are multicellular and unicellular. Humans and most organisms are multicellular which means many, more than one cell. Bacteria, viruses, and protozoa are examples of unicellular which means one cell. The students wrote down these terms and the definitions. They will be starting body sytem projects in a day or so. I will put on here when they do and what will be expected of them.

They got term #8 today from the list. I will not give them one tomorrow (Tuesday) because I have two videos on body systems to show them. Yesterday was a busy day, but we accomplished so much! Have a great day and I will talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the blog really appreciate having all the information, right here, easy to access

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,! It is so nice to see a parent on here. I am so glad that you like the site. I truly do hope I can keep you up to date on what is going on the classroom. If you need anything, please let me know. Thanks for posting on here. Hope to talk to you again soon.

    ReplyDelete