Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday, October 5

Hello to Friday!

Just an update on our test next Thursday.  We have been going over the LABs we completed and the Study Island questions.  I have, also, included the questions the students answered from the textbook.  We will be going over those today and Monday.  I wanted to make sure that I let you know about those, so that you could make sure your child used those to study with, too.  Make sure your child reviews their notes on minerals, too, because I want to include questions on minerals.  The test I gave on minerals ended up not being very good, so the students will have another chance.

The students completed their oral presentations on the rocks/minerals projects.  Overall, the projects were pretty good.  Most of the students followed the directions that were given to them.  The biggest problem we had was not answering the questions and following the directions.  For example, the students were told to put their initials or name at the end of what they typed.  I told them they could put their initials or name at the beginning, if they wanted.  I just wanted their name or initials by what they typed on the wiki page.  I had several students who didn't put anything by what they typed in and I had to wait until the presentation to see who typed what.  I did have some very good images and video clips put on the pages, though.  The students received extra credit for putting these on there.  For the next project, we will be using Photo story.  This program allows students to record their voices, instead of typing their information.  It is a very cool tool!!  Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment