Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hello!

This week we are looking at soils.  I put some notes on the board for the students to copy and we discussed them as they were copying them.  They were, also, given a packet of information on soil formation, soil types, and living soil.  We discussed soil formation and they highlighted or underlined the parts that were needed, then we discussed the living soil and underlined and highlighted parts of it, too.  I still have one more packet to give them.  This packet is basically the same information, just written in another way.  We will go over and discuss it, too.  I have two activities for the students to complete.  The first one will be turned in to me and the second one will be LAB #1 and kept in their folders.  I have a test over soil scheduled for Friday, but if we need more time, we will take it on Monday.  The students will need to study their notes, and both packets of information I give them for the test.  The state standards for soil are soil formation, the horizons and characteristics of those horizons, so that is what they will be tested over.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment