Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday, October 17

Hello, Everyone!!!

Well, we survived our trip to Bob Evans Farm Festival and did not loose one student!  The kids talked about what a great time they had there.  This is always an awesome trip for them.  I know I have a good time hearing about all the activities they participated in and all the food they ate!!!  I finally got all the tests from last week graded and in the computer, but I am still working on the projects.  I will have to take those home in order to get those finished.  Each student was graded on their part only, so I am grading 110+ individual projects.

Oh, we have a student teacher in our room for the next eight (8) weeks.  Her name is Kelsey McFarland.  She is very excited to be here after spending her first eight (8) weeks at Northwest in 8th grade language arts.  She will start taking over the during next week.

We are going to begin our look at soil tomorrow - Thursday.  There is nothing in our one textbook and only one page in the other, and it does not say very much.  So, I had to go to the internet to find everything I needed for the students.  I got the standard from the state and found the information I needed.  Some things I will be able to give the students copies of and the rest they will have to copy from the board.  I found one activity that they can do, as well.  We will be working on soil the rest of this week and into next week.

Grade cards will be out next Thurday with conferences next Thursday evening from 4-7 pm.  It is so hard to believe that our first quarter is already over!  Well, have a great weekend and I will talk to you next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment