Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday, October 2

Wow!  Can you believe it is October already?  Time is flying by so fast.  This week we are going to finish up our rocks and minerals projects and the worksheets we started last week.  I have an internet rock scavenger hunt that the students will be finishing up, as well.  Some of my interim reports will be late because I am getting these papers completed and in the computer.  Please, bear with me on this.  I only have so many computers and we are working on two computer assignments.  Most of the projects are complete, so oral presentations will take place Thursday and Friday of this week.  This way, we can do any last minute tweaking today and tomorrow.  We have some activity sheets to discuss tomorrow, too.  I have given the students a packet of questions from Study Island that I want to go over with them and discuss.  These would be really good for them to use, when they study for the test over rocks and minerals.  This test will be next week.  I do not like giving my tests or quizzes on Friday, because math and language arts always have tests on that day, so my test over rocks and minerals will be on Thursday.  Students can start studying now by using the notes we have already taken.  After we go over and discuss the LAB activity sheets they have been working on, they can use those, too, to study from.  Don't forget the Study Island packet of questions.  Next week, we are going to be looking at more Smart board lessons, so we may have more notes to add to what we already have and can study those, too.  I can't wait to see the rocks and minerals projects!  I know the students were very excited to use a new computer tool and put their information on there.  I hope you have had the opportunity to get on the wiki and take a look.  If you need anything, please let me know.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment